Embedded Firmware Engineer
Alpharec is an excellent recruitment agency operating in an international environment since 2006. Our clients represent the following industries: IT & Engineering, new technologies, production and professional services for business. We recruit programmers, engineers, experienced specialists, industry experts, sales masters and managers. Thanks to valuable experience, know-how and very hard work we deliver results to our clients, fantastic and admired employers.
This time, for an international company designing and manufacturing advanced vending machines we are recruiting for the position of:
Embedded Firmware Engineer (electro-mechanical systems for drinking vending machines) – United Kingdom, Hampshire
To join their software team as the company is looking to expand their product range and innovations. This job pertains to the design, development, delivery into production and the maintenance of real time embedded firmware for the control of electro-mechanical systems for our client that designs and manufactures food & beverage consumer electronics equipment.
- AREA OF FOCUS: This role focuses on the design of real time control firmware for electro-mechanical control systems.
- SOLUTIONS PROVIDER: Responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining embedded real time control system firmware and software designs for existing and new equipment.
- HARNESS EXTERNAL EXPERTISE: Identify and build relationships with technology and service suppliers to support current and future products or projects.
- DRIVER FOR QUALITY: Apply software testing, verification, and validation tools to ensure best possible quality for the software and the system it controls.
- WORK WITH CROSS DISCIPLINE PROJECT TEAMS: Consult and work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary product development team, translating needs into realizable goals, and clearly reporting progress to project managers and key stakeholders as needed.
- TOOL CHAIN MANAGEMENT: Deploy, and maintain appropriate tool chains for software development and software maintenance that enable agile project development.
Expectations (knowledge / experience / skills):
- University degree in Computing/Software or related engineering subject.
- Broad experience designing embedded software control systems that integrate electrical / electronic and mechanical systems.
- Proven experience in reducing control theory into practice, with experience in the control of motors, actuators, mixed signals analog/digital devices, and thermal devices, including PID regulators and PWM control techniques. Experience with User Interface design is a plus.
- Competent in Embedded Structured ANSI-C / C++. Experience of OOD C++ and C# an advantage.
- Competent in PC based embedded workbench applications including Visual Studio and IAR EW.
- Experience of interfacing to a wide and diverse range of devices using industry standard protocols SPI, SCI, IIC, 232, 485. Experience of designing for and managing digital and analogue signals. Knowledge of Renesas and Freescale processors is an advantage.
- Experience in IAR Embedded Workbench and Microsoft Visual Studio. High levels of competence with electronics laboratory tools such as oscilloscopes and data loggers Experience of Source Code Control Systems and their deployment. Experience of CVS and Git is an advantage. Experience of Linux and Qt Embedded is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience working within multidiscipline teams within a product development environment. Experience of working along-side electronics development teams.
- Experience with software testing, verification and validation methods, as well as proper project documentation.
- Full-time & long-term contract
- Competitive employment conditions
- Interesting job and challenging tasks
- International environment of work
- Opportunities for raising professional qualifications
- Welcoming and friendly work environment
If you are interested to work with us, please send your CV in English at:
Subject: : Embedded Firmware Engineer (electro-mechanical systems for drinking vending machines) – United Kingdom, Hampshire
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Please add the following statement to the application each time: „I agree to the processing by Alpharec Sp. z o.o. my personal data disclosed in the application documents in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016. on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) for this and subsequent recruitment processes carried out by Alpharec Sp. z o.o., for a period of 2 years from the date of submitting my data.”
In addition, we inform:
The administrator of your personal data acquired in the recruitment process is Alpharec Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Wrocław, ul. Pomorska 32. You can contact the Inspector of Personal Data Protection using the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data will be processed in order to carry out recruitment processes (legal basis: Article 22¹ § 1 of the Labor Code in relation to Article 6 (1) c. Regulation of 27 April 2016. Regulation of the RODO as part of the implementation of the legal obligation on the data administrator). Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in recruitment processes. Entrusted personal data will be kept for a period of 2 years from the date of their transfer. Expected categories of recipients of data: recruiters and persons deciding about employment on the part of our clients. Applicable rights: the right to request the administrator to access personal data relating to himself, rectify them, remove or limit processing, as well as the right to object and the right to transfer data and the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body.
Alpharec Sp. z o.o. entered in the Register of Employment Agencies in Poland: 3957.