Head of IT
Alpharec is an excellent recruitment agency operating in an international environment since 2006. Our clients represent the following industries: IT & Engineering, new technologies, production and professional services for business. We recruit programmers, engineers, experienced specialists, industry experts, sales masters and managers. Thanks to valuable experience, know-how and very hard work we deliver results to our clients, fantastic and admired employers.
This time, for our Business Partner (an international e-commerce company) we are recruiting for the position of:
Head of IT (e-commerce) – Poland, Wroclaw
The Head of IT role is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission and vision through development and deployment of the company’s web presence. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings as an ecommerce business, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
Strategy and Planning
- In partnership with the CEO, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the companies services as an ecommerce business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may support or impede the success of the business.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all web-based services.
- Participate as a member of the management team in establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization’s resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development, office networks and computers, and telecommunications.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company organizational needs.
- Establish a governance process that meets government, partner, and company expectations for customer information privacy.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to management and staff.
- Collaborate with IT Group Management to establish and maintain IT principles, frameworks of work and common processes for software development
- Drive the changes according to chosen destination picture in the IT organization and culture
- Establish and maintain the culture of pursuing best state-of-the-art IT solutions
- Communicate with Group Head of IT, senior IT members (Tech Board) to align all strategies, plans and projects – especially in technical context
- Collaborate with Designers and Analysts (Analytical Center/Design Center) to deliver maximum output from software technology processes
- Define and execute HR & recruitment strategy in the field of IT
- Co-select (with Tech Board and other IT members) or define the company’s software development methodology.
- Establish a specification conformance and testing regimen based on user stories and the User Experience design.
- Promulgate coding conventions and documentation standards.
- Select and manage company staff or outsourced vendors who will implement the software or systems.
- Establish and supervise the software development process, setting short-term objectives and assessing progress as defined by the selected software development methodology.
- Establish and supervise a quality assurance process, including integration and system testing.
- Establish a system of deployment process and supervise deployment to staging and production servers.
- Support the marketing process by providing implementation of technical requirements for Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- As a member of the management team, help improve customer service and support processes, with particular responsibility for web-based services that implement the support function. Establish a process to integrate customer service and support with the software engineering process to support resolution of customer issues and improve application usability.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by exchanging knowledge with the colleagues from the HQ and reading widely.
- Define and communicate company values and standards for acquiring or developing systems, equipment, or software within the company.
- Ensure that technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organization.
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the organization’s management with regard to the company’s technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Develop, track, and control the development and deployment annual operating and capital budgets for IT operations and web applications (payment provider etc.).
- Supervise recruitment, training, retention, and organization of all development staff in accordance with the company hiring process, personnel policies, and budget requirements.
- Establish standards of performance and monitor conformance for staff (through performance review) and vendors (through service level agreements).
- Ensure the company’s internal technological processes and customer-facing services comply with community expectations and applicable laws and regulations for privacy, security, and social responsibility.
Expectations (knowledge / experience / skills):
Education and Certification:
- University degree in the field of computer science, business administration, or another rigorous discipline. An advanced degree in one these fields is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to envision web-based services that meet consumer needs or solve business problems.
- Min. 5 years experience managing web application development
- Min. 3 year experience in managing or leading a group of engineers
- Hands-on coding experience in more than one currently popular web application framework.
- Has worked in start-up environment and understand the multi-facets of the role.
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology, preferably scrum/agile.
- Ability to discern user requirements and develop specifications.
- Knowledge of web standards.
- Knowledge of Internet protocols and RFC standards, database management systems, and revision control systems.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization.
- Familiarity with information security vulnerabilities and risk management.
- Familiarity with consumer privacy and payments industry compliance requirements.
- Exposure to business theory, business process development, governance processes, management, budgeting, and administrative operations.
- Min. 2 years experience in e-commerce
- Has contributed to one or more open source projects.
- Project management background in the field of IT/engineering
- Experience with UNIX system administration and web server configuration.
- Experience with Cloud solutions (AWS, GKE, Azure)
- Proven track of ability to deliver big sized and complex technical/business changes
- Proven leadership ability.
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Polish & English – German is a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Full-time & long-term contract
- Competitive employment conditions
- Interesting job and challenging tasks
- Big amount of trust and independence
- International environment of work
- Opportunities for raising professional qualifications
- Welcoming and friendly work environment
If you are interested to work with us, please send your CV in English at:
Subject: : Head of IT (e-commerce) – Poland, Wroclaw
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Please add the following statement to the application each time: „I agree to the processing by Alpharec Sp. z o.o. my personal data disclosed in the application documents in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016. on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) for this and subsequent recruitment processes carried out by Alpharec Sp. z o.o., for a period of 2 years from the date of submitting my data.”
In addition, we inform:
The administrator of your personal data acquired in the recruitment process is Alpharec Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Wrocław, ul. Pomorska 32. You can contact the Inspector of Personal Data Protection using the address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data will be processed in order to carry out recruitment processes (legal basis: Article 22¹ § 1 of the Labor Code in relation to Article 6 (1) c. Regulation of 27 April 2016. Regulation of the RODO as part of the implementation of the legal obligation on the data administrator). Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in recruitment processes. Entrusted personal data will be kept for a period of 2 years from the date of their transfer. Expected categories of recipients of data: recruiters and persons deciding about employment on the part of our clients. Applicable rights: the right to request the administrator to access personal data relating to himself, rectify them, remove or limit processing, as well as the right to object and the right to transfer data and the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body.
Alpharec Sp. z o.o. entered in the Register of Employment Agencies in Poland: 3957.