Senior Optical Designer
Alpharec is an excellent recruitment agency operating in an international environment since 2006. Our clients represent the following industries: IT & Engineering, new technologies, production and professional services for business. We recruit programmers, engineers, experienced specialists, industry experts, sales masters and managers. Thanks to valuable experience, know-how and very hard work we deliver results to our clients, fantastic and admired employers.
This time, for our Business Partner (an international semiconductor company) we are recruiting for the position of:
Senior Optical Designer (imaging optics) – Switzerland, Zurich Area
The Senior Optical Designer is to contribute towards activities within a worldwide end-to-end product development team focused on successfully developing, prototyping, and producing advanced opto-electronic components (optics + electronics + package). The position involves supporting projects through concept definition, detailed optical design, simulation and prototyping.
- Work within a worldwide multidisciplinary development team to provide optical design solution to customer specifications.
- Define design concepts and select key optical technologies in-line with requirements.
- Optical modeling, and optical system performance simulation and verification.
- Generate product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports.
- Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Cooperate with Project Leaders to assure design to be compliant with mechanical and manufacturing ground-rules.
- Work well with diverse geographical team.
Expectations (knowledge / experience / skills):
Education and Certification:
- Relevant engineering degree in optics (PhD preferred).
- 5+ years industry experience.
- Strong design experience in designing imaging optics (camera lens, projection optics, etc) and at least one of the following fields: non-imaging (beam shaping, illumination, concentration, collection, sensing, micro-lenses) and wave-optics (diffractive optics, structured light, micro-lenses).
- Knowledge in optical and micro-optics technologies, materials, components, manufacturing processes, and constraints.
- Hands-on experience in optical measurement.
- Ability to travel worldwide.
- Fluent in English.
- German is a plus.
- Optical: Zemax, LightTools, other tools such as CODE V, TRACEPRO, FRED, and VirtualLab are a plus.
- Scientific: Matlab. Python is a plus.
- Data processing and statistical analysis: JMP, R, Matlab.
- Full-time & long-term contract
- Competitive employment conditions
- Interesting job and challenging tasks
- International environment of work
- Opportunities for raising professional qualifications
- Welcoming and friendly work environment
If you are interested to work with us, please send your CV in English at:
Subject: : Senior Optical Designer (imaging optics) – Switzerland, Zurich area
Please be informed that we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
Please add the following statement to the application each time: „I agree to the processing by Alpharec Sp. z o.o. my personal data disclosed in the application documents in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016. on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) for this and subsequent recruitment processes carried out by Alpharec Sp. z o.o., for a period of 2 years from the date of submitting my data.”
In addition, we inform:
The administrator of your personal data acquired in the recruitment process is Alpharec Sp. z o.o. with headquarters in Wrocław, ul. Pomorska 32. You can contact the Inspector of Personal Data Protection using the address: email@example.com. Personal data will be processed in order to carry out recruitment processes (legal basis: Article 22¹ § 1 of the Labor Code in relation to Article 6 (1) c. Regulation of 27 April 2016. Regulation of the RODO as part of the implementation of the legal obligation on the data administrator). Providing data is voluntary, but necessary to participate in recruitment processes. Entrusted personal data will be kept for a period of 2 years from the date of their transfer. Expected categories of recipients of data: recruiters and persons deciding about employment on the part of our clients. Applicable rights: the right to request the administrator to access personal data relating to himself, rectify them, remove or limit processing, as well as the right to object and the right to transfer data and the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body.
Alpharec Sp. z o.o. entered in the Register of Employment Agencies in Poland: 3957.